Alamy Plugin won't connect to Alamy
Posted by Jim Keir on 13 April 2010 04:52 PM
When you try to connect to Alamy from within Lightroom, you get this message:|
Alamy's server said '200'.
Part of the authentication mechanism is a cookie sent from Alamy's servers. If this cookie is not received, you will not be able to log in. This problem is caused by the Internet Explorer "Privacy" settings being set to "High".
To fix this you can reduce the Privacy settings to "Medium High" or lower, but this would affect all sites you visit. It is better to allow a one-off exception for alamy.com.
- In Internet Explorer, bring up the "Internet Options" dialog from the Tools menu. If no menus are visible, press the Alt button on your keyboard.
- Select the "Privacy" tab. The level will be set to "High" or higher.
- Click the "Sites" button.
- In the dialog that appears, enter "alamy.com" under "Address of website", and click "Allow".
- Close the two dialogs by clicking "Ok" on each.
You should now be able to connect to Alamy from Lightroom. You do not need to restart the PC, or even Lightroom.